Heating Repair & Maintenance in Sprinfield, Illinois
- Have a qualified HVAC technician perform regular maintenance on your home heating system. Efficiency is lost with poorly maintained units. Get regular service done to keep your system components cleaned. You can maintain your system by regularly changing or cleaning your furnace filter.
- Reverse your ceiling fans. Most, if not all, ceiling fans have a reverse setting for winter. By reversing your fan blades to rotate clockwise you draw down the risen heat from the ceiling and prevent it from dissipation through the roof or walls.
- Use a programmable thermostat. Using a programmable thermostat to turn the temp lower while you sleep or work can decrease your energy consumption up to 25% without you needing to remember.
- Get a humidifier to add moisture to the air. The air inside your home can become very dry. Moist air feels warmer and holds heat better, so a humidifier can help you feel comfortable when your thermostat is set at a lower temperature.
- Only use exhaust fans when necessary. Exhaust fans in your kitchen and bathroom pull the hot air that rises to the ceiling out of your apartment. Use exhaust fan sparingly, and shut them off when you are done with them.